Two months ago, my good friend Maya gave me her copy of Divergent after I said that I hadn't read it. Yes, I did say two months ago. Two. Months. Ago.
I really have no excuse. Have I mentioned my reading slump? It's so hard to yank yourself out of that, even if last week I read two books in as many days. I think it's because I've gotten this app, Wattpad, and I've been reading short stories on that most of the time. Maybe next week I'll write a post about a story I read on there.
Aaaanyways, Divergent.
The setting in Divergent is a dystopian world where each person gets sorted into a faction: Abnegation, Amity, Candor, Dauntless, and Erudite. (I just noticed something. Why are the first three factions nouns, and the last two adjectives?)
Most of you are probably already aware of the personality traits of each faction. Moving on.
I'm honestly a little worried about the setting of the story. The roads are cracked and it doesn't matter because no one has cars. Some sections of the city are dilapidated and crumbling. Abnegation volunteers its members to help rebuild some parts of the ailing city. Veronica Roth writes, "We don't need stoplights, either, but in some places they dangle precariously over the road like they might crash down any minute." (Roth 24)
What happened? Why is the city in such terrible shape? Does it have something to do with the beginning of the factions? I'm beginning to wonder if it does, and I'm scared for the main character, Tris. I've already become attached to her and it's been 70 pages.
I think I'm in for a world of pain.
Divergent Movie Trailer




















"my good friend"
ReplyDeleteI'VE BEEN FRIENDZONED </3
P.S. Soon you will learn to hate Tris. Maybe.
& also, you are in for a world of pain. HAVE FUNNNN
I really really liked your voice when you write. It's different because it seems as though I'm actually listening to someone talk
ReplyDelete